Take a moment to enjoy these five beautiful moments from the past five years of Brighton Dance Festival....
1. Giant backstage group hug following the 2012 Student Showcase.
That's a lot of dancer love! We love the "family" atmosphere that develops in just one week at BDF each year!
2. Dress rehearsal for the Student Showcase at the Brighton Center for the Performing Arts.
The Student Showcase is such an important part of the festival, not only to raise money to donate to local arts organizations, but also to give all of the BDF students a chance to feel alive on stage.... and what a BEAUTIFUL stage it is! (BDF has donated $25,000 to the BCPA since 2010!)
3. Youth Program students being inspired by the Teen Program students.
We love seeing moments like this at Brighton Dance Festival!
4. Learning about nutrition and injury prevention.
We care about more than just the dancing! Dr. Steven Karageanes from St. Mary Mercy Sports Medicine program has visited with the students several times in the past, and has helped many of our dancers overcome injuries in a safe and healthy way!
5. Donating $8,000 in 2012 to the Brighton Center for the Performing Arts.
To date, Brighton Dance Festival has donated a total of $25,000 to the BCPA. But this was our most exciting donation of $8,000 after the 3rd Annual BDF, more than the first two years combined! We love supporting the arts in our community! It's a BEAUTIFUL thing!